Old May 11th 10, 05:57 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,misc.transport.road,seattle.politics
Ad absurdum per aspera[_2_]

Default Driver arrested after being clocked at over 135 mph on Highway520 bridge

> Wow. This guy should be thrown into the slammer for a few years, and
> not be allowed to ever have a driver's license again. I'd go as far
> as to say his driving was a form of attempted murder!

Twenty-four and he has an M6 and a "long history of traffic
violations", and gets popped for speeding deep into three figures on a
bridge and in traffic, plus evasion? My cocktail-party
psychoanalysis on this one: someone with a large tub of cash and a
bone-deep conviction that he is very special and rules are for us
losers.

Either that or he was coming home from the clubs at 1 in the morning
hopped up on something that made him think he was Superman. (This
is, of course, not incompatible with the previous hypothesis.) A
barely illegal 0.081 blood alcohol content doesn't ring true as the
sole explanation for a rat-run that spectacular. I wonder if they took
a blood sample, and if it will reveal something else.

The other question is, how did he get out so soon? Why they couldn't
or wouldn't charge him with anything worse than reckless driving, I'll
have to leave to those familiar with the law in Washington state.
Besides, the aforementioned ability to lay hands on large amount of
cash, and friends you can call in the wee small hours to get it, would
have let him bond out of most anything short of killing somebody
anyway.

--Joe