Old February 17th 07, 02:27 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Spike

Default Westsidecars

I had lots of similar offers for my 66FB. Fortunately, Hemmings had
put out an alert.

Anything you deposit into your bank, you are responsible for. So, if
you deposit a check or MO, and you write a personal check for, say,
$5,000 to a third party. Then the check or MO turns out to be bad, YOU
are responsible for reimbursing the bank, AND, you also get nailed for
overdraft/NSF fees.

One of the biggies was they offered exactly what I was asking, SIGHT
UNSEEN. Then they went into the "shipper excess funds already in the
check/MO.

But it's not just cars. A friends father was just contacted about a
vacation home he is selling in the US Virgin Islands. Same deal, just
different product.