Old February 2nd 07, 05:05 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.autos.driving,misc.consumers.frugal-living,alt.energy.renewable
donquijote1954

Default when the predators eat each other

On Feb 2, 11:18 am, "lab~rat >:-)" > wrote:
> I think that we can all agree that pollution sucks. Hey, for what
> it's worth, I had an article written about me for my work with light
> pollution. What the hell are we gonna do about that?
>
> Everybody's sticking their nose into who drives what and some stupid
> ice melting that 99% of the world has never seen, what about the way
> you can't even see the stars at night from many places in the world.
>
> For generations, people have used the night sky for folklore,
> explaining their existence, navigation, etc., and in two generations
> we've all but erased the night sky. In the future, the only place
> people will be able to see stars is from space or a planetarium.
>
> Will some of you tree huggers get on that one for us? I mean, the sky
> is as much a part of nature as a forest...

I can see the hungry lion making a greater profit out of it all, until
the end, when he himself will be finished...

As a star gaze becomes hard to get, they sell a piece of the sky in
your vacation package to Tahiti, where still the sky is clean. As
clean water become more scarce, they sell you water from Fiji. The
problem is when they run out of remote places and the lions start
fighting each other over scarce resources. That's when the predators
eat each other...

"The changing face of the African plains has led to a new and bloody
conflict among its animals, as captured in this documentary. National
Geographic: Predators At War examines conditions in the Mala Mala game
preserve in South Africa. Due to a long standing drought, Mala Mala's
plant life is slowly dying out, leaving the predatory animals of the
region -- among them... More lions, leopards, hyenas and cheetahs --
to prey upon one another in a grim bid for survival."

http://shopping.msn.com/Specs/shp/?itemId=50303194