Old September 19th 05, 11:30 PM
Don Scurlock

"elrikk" > wrote in
:

> On Saturday afternoon I could not get any server listing at all from
> inside rFactor itself.
>
> Couldn't see a race with "RAS" in the title on the RaceCast server
> list.
>
> The RASCAR site seemed to be down. (still does.)
>
> Retried each ot these several times between 2:30 and 4:30 EST.
>
> I know people raced but how the heck did they get there ? ;o)

Create a "Friends List" and build up your "Bookmarks", you can use either
to connect to servers even if the list is down.

From the readme:

On the Join page (found under the Connect icon in the main options), you
will find three tabs at the top - Server List, Friends List, and Chat. The
Server List is where you are taken to by default and lists the games you
can join.

Under Friends List, you can specify friends by their profile name and
clicking the Plus icon to add them. Later on, you will be able to see
which of your friends are racing right now. In the right pane you will see
games you have bookmarked. Once you are in a race, you can bookmark the
server by pressing the call-vote button in the bottom-left portion of the
monitor and then pressing the "Bookmark" button. From then on, just go to
the Friends List, pick the bookmarked server and hit Join Race.