Old September 19th 05, 01:02 PM
Nick

Dave Henrie wrote:
> "Alan Bernardo" > wrote in news:McCdnT-
> :
>
> > The problem I have with rFactor is that it just appears
> > that ISI is going to abandon ship now that their game is out.

> you haven't seen the ISI business model then I take it. The biggest
> advantage that ISI now has is NOT being under the thumb of a corporate
> parent. They don't HAVE to have rFv2 out by Christmas. They don't have =

> have v3 out by fall. They can concentrate on rF just like the LFS guys a=

re
> doing.

And let's not forget that if I buy rFactor in the UK, =A325 of the =A330
goes straight to ISI (the rest is tax). Compare that to off-the-shelf
games, which I usually buy at around the =A317 mark (eg RBR), and after
the retailer, publisher and other people have taken their share, the
developer is lucky to get 1-2%.

Of course, rFactor will never be mainstream, because it's not in shops,
doesn't have advertising, and doesn't simulate a real life race series
(all things which get random people to buy your product in HMV). So
ISI will only make their money from us. They can afford to sell a lot
fewer copies because they make so much money per copy, but if they
screw us over, that's it. So I would imagine they would be *very*
interested in keeping us happy and not abandoning ship.