Old September 19th 05, 05:31 AM
Dave Henrie

"Alan Bernardo" > wrote in news:McCdnT-
:

> The problem I have with rFactor is that it just appears
> that ISI is going to abandon ship now that their game is out.

you haven't seen the ISI business model then I take it. The biggest
advantage that ISI now has is NOT being under the thumb of a corporate
parent. They don't HAVE to have rFv2 out by Christmas. They don't have to
have v3 out by fall. They can concentrate on rF just like the LFS guys are
doing.

You will see mod support, not just by the modders but to the modders by
ISI. And you will see unsupported mods as well. If somebody like the old
SIMBIN team can find a way to whip more out of the programing package, then
we'll see another step forward. I understand ISI may have some private sim
projects for other entities, but rFactor is going to be their cash cow...if
they have one. I will be hugely suprised if rF just fades away.
I do wonder what they will do to continue the cash flow..do we have to
buy rf sp2 or will it be free as a patch? This won't affect us end users
this year, but what about next year?

dave henrie