Old July 29th 05, 06:53 PM
ncs

I have the same problem on my 1993 3.3 GV. The fuel pump died last year and
I had it replaced. Sometimes it will start fine other times it takes a few
tries. I have noticed recently when it does start it acts as if there's
excess fuel in the cylinder, because it almost sounds like a backfire. Is
it possible 1 or more injectors are leaking, causing the hard start, and
when cranking, it's filling the cylinder with fuel and then when it fires
you get the 'explosion' from a little too much fuel ? Checked and replaced
the relays and they replaced the fuel filter when they replaced the pump. I
haven't put a pressure gauge on it yet. Those things are expensive to use 1
or two times.

thanks,
nick