Old July 27th 05, 08:37 PM
maxpower

> wrote in message
oups.com...
> My 91 Caravan 3.3 (99k mi) is starting to exhibit a hard starting
> problem. It ususally takes to tries on the starter to get it going.
> Once it starts, it runs fine. The fuel pump/filter has been changed
> recently. Could this be an injector problem? Would an injector that's
> going south produce a fault code?

More then likely its the check valve in the fuel pump letting the fuel drain
back to the tank causing no fuel in the rail to the injectors.
The simple check would be before starting the engine cycle the key on for 3
seconds then off then on then off, that will cause the fuel pump to energize
and supply fuel to the injectors, now start the engine... My guess is that
it will start right up each time you try this.

Glenn Beasley
Chrysler Tech