Old July 24th 18, 10:16 PM posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech
Arlen Holder

Default Clutch bolts and locktite

On 24 Jul 2018 12:08:15 GMT, Tekkie® wrote:

> You want to buy 6 point impact sockets...

The problem with that is that the flywheel bolts are 12 point.

> IF you hold the flywheel you MAY be able to get it of with a cheater.

The flywheel is off. I used a lock stop and a normal 1/2 inch breaker bar.
<http://www.bild.me/bild.php?file=1744336transmission02.jpg>

> Electric impacts have improved. Your present air impact may be weak because
> your setup cannot deliver enough air at sufficient pressure.

I first tried the hand impact tool, and it failed.
<http://www.bild.me/bild.php?file=1244980flywheel04.jpg>

Then I tried the air-impact gun, and it failed even worse.
<http://www.bild.me/bild.php?file=4748611flywheel02.jpg>

The air pressure is 120psi and the hose is 50 feet of 1/2 inch line, and
the setting was set to 4 (smallest hole and to 1 biggest hole - as I'm not
sure which is high pressure and which is low pressure) and it didn't do a
thing (it never does, which is why I never use it).

It's a Universal Tool UT 2210:
<http://www.bild.me/bild.php?file=5614055flywheel03.jpg>

Later, not today, I'll post a thread asking for a specific gun that I can
buy on the net that actually works that isn't too expensive (because I
almost never use a gun so it has to pay for itself with very few uses).

What worked is the old school method, which only took a little more effort:
<http://www.bild.me/bild.php?file=1291741flywheel01.jpg>

What I need to ask Clare is how to get to that rear engine seal.
Do I take out all those bolts around the pilot bearing area?
<http://www.bild.me/bild.php?file=4808619transmission01.jpg>