Old May 18th 19, 02:45 PM posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.home.repair,alt.windows7.general
J. P. Gilliver (John)

Default Cars play songs on flash drive in alphabetical order by file name.

In message >, micky
> writes:
>In alt.windows7.general, on Wed, 15 May 2019 22:28:13 +0300, micky
> wrote:
>

>>It's sort of like the fact that Windows file managers will sort on any
>>field hat has a column header, but they will not display files in the
>>order in which they appear on the HDD or the flash drive. For that you
>>need DOS and the option iirc dir /u for unsorted.

>Just checked and /u gives sUmmary information.
>
>In TCC/Le and Take Command (command enhancers. First one free, both more
>powerful than DOS):
>
>Display order is controlled by /o and unsorted is /o:u
>
>It might be the same in DOS, but I find little reason to use straight
>DOS anymore, unless I'm using someone else's computer.

I've just tried - the "DOS" in my system ("ver" returns "Microsoft
Windows [Version 6.1.7601]") doesn't mention u in the help returned by
dir /?, and if I enter dir /o:u, says

Parameter format not correct - "u".

JPG
--

Petitions are still unfair. [Still need over 9000 signatures by tomorrow )-:!]
https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/232770 www.255soft.uk #fairpetitions

Society has the right to punish wrongdoing; it doesn't have the right to make
punishment a form of entertainment. This is where things have gone wrong:
humiliating other people has become both a blood sport and a narcotic.
- Joe Queenan, RT 2015/6/27-7/3