Old January 7th 07, 11:53 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
homersmydog

Default 2001 Dodge Caravan Sport

maxpower wrote:
> "homersmydog" > wrote in message
> ups.com...
> > We bought a used 2001 Caravan Sport second hand. It has the electric
> > left rear door. Problem is sometimes it will open with the remote or
> > the console switch , sometimes not, mostly not. It will always close
> > though. Are we just not holding our mouths right or what?

I've made sure the doors are unlocked, safety switch is off, everything
I can think of. With the doors unlocked , you can hit the switch and
it will sound like it's opening but just unlatch. Sometimes when it
unlatches and you get out to make sure the door will close , closing
the drivers or front passenger door will cause it to close back and
latch, After that you can try the remote and it will open and close
like you would expect it to. I'm to the point to just do it all
manually, (heavy door) !