Old March 5th 05, 07:56 PM
Lawrence Glickman

On Sat, 05 Mar 2005 10:32:43 -0500, Mike Romain >
wrote:

>You just caught on to one of the best scams going there!

Quite by accident I assure you ;0

>I know a gent that goes to all the used car lots and buys all the dead
>maintenance free batteries, tops them up, puts a deep charge in them and
>sells them back for $25.00 with a 1 year warranty. He said he almost
>never has a warranty claim.

I'm sure there are tons of good stuff tossed away because of a planned
obsolescence life-cycle, not because of *defective goods.*

Sure, if you don't add water to a lead-acid battery, unless it's gel
or AGM, it's going to go bad much sooner than it needs to.

I might have just caught this thing in time. It's on a 2003 and I
should really be able to run it another 3 years!

Of course I live up North, and heat isn't as much as a problem here as
it is down south, so I can expect longer battery life, but shorter
auto body life, what with the salt on the roads in the winter.

I wish it would warm up around here already. I want to get under the
car and go after the obvious rust before it gets any worse. They sell
these hand-held sand-blasting guns now, no larger than a paint
sprayer. I'll use that and a can of rustoleum for a starter.

No sense in keeping an engine alive if the body is gonna fall apart.

Lg