Old August 18th 08, 02:34 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
necromancer[_5_]

Default Guy Wins $10M in Lottery - 4 years later drives drunk and kills 3 - 17 years prison

On Sun, 17 Aug 2008 00:24:14 -0400, Nate Nagel >
wrote:

<< reply limited to r.a.d >>

>Of course, I just don't understand rich people. I was actually having
>this discussion over dinner tonight. Let's say you release a hit
>record, win the lottery, whatever. All of a sudden you have a couple
>mil in your lap. Why not just sock away 3 or 4 mil, invest it in
>something with a steady rate of return, and live modestly off the
>interest while you figure out what you want to do with the rest of your
>life? Then if you still have money left over, you can think about the
>fast cars, mansions on the beach, etc. Nah, that would make too much sense.

Indeed. Even US$1 million invested in a bank CD (currently the going
rate at banks in my area is about 4% to 5% for small accounts)* would
leave me living a comfortable lifestyle withoug having to work. And
I'm sure a smart financial planner could do better.

* Of course, the interest from the CD would have to be paid out
instead of being reinvested in the CD...

--
"Oh yeah. Well i've gone 3 1/2 years without a fatal crash
so i must be doing something right."

--Laura Bush murdered her boyfriend/laura bush - VEHICULAR HOMICIDE/
Speeders And Drunk Drivers Are Murderers (SADDAM), 9/24/2006

Ref: http://tinyurl.com/qdotr
Msg ID: