Old August 18th 08, 12:49 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime,misc.transport.trucking
necromancer[_5_]

Default Guy Wins $10M in Lottery - 4 years later drives drunk and kills 3 - 17 years prison

On Sun, 17 Aug 2008 11:22:13 -0700, richard >
wrote:

>And yet, YOU, are under the mistaken impression that Ted Kennedy
>killed someone. Fact is, he did not. There is no evidence that she was
>his mistress nor was pregnant. He was not driving the car because his
>license had been suspended. The only charge that could possibly be
>issued is that of "leaving the scene".

Wrong.

Ref:http://www.ytedk.com/chapter2.htm

Kennedy's statement to the police the morning after he sank Mary Jo
into Chappaquiddick Sound:

"On July 18, 1969, at approximately 11:15 PM in Chappaquiddick,
Martha's Vineyard, Massachusetts, I was driving my car on Main Street
on my way to get the ferry back to Edgartown. I was unfamiliar with
the road and turned right onto Dike Road, instead of bearing hard left
on Main Street. After proceeding for approximately one-half mile on
Dike Road I descended a hill and came upon a narrow bridge. The car
went off the side of the bridge. There was one passenger with me, one
Miss Mary ________( There was a blank space here because Kennedy was
not sure of the spelling of the dead girl's last name, and instead
offered a rough phonetic approximation ), a former secretary of my
brother Sen. Robert Kennedy. The car turned over and sank into the
water and landed with the roof resting on the bottom. I attempted to
open the door and the window of the car but have no recollection of
how I got out of the car. I came to the surface and then repeatedly
dove down to the car in an attempt to see if the passenger was still
in the car. I was unsuccessful in the attempt. I was exhausted and in
a state of shock. I recall walking back to where my friends were
eating. There was a car parked in front of the cottage and I climbed
into the back seat. I then asked for someone to bring me back to
Edgartown. I remember walking around for a period of time and then
going back to my hotel room. When I fully realized what had happened
this morning, I immediately contacted the police."

--
necromancer

Official Overseer Of KoOkS And Trolls In rec.autos.driving