Old October 17th 05, 07:01 PM
Dana H. Myers

Default Stuttering and check engine light

Christopher Muto wrote:
> i was thinking the same thing... but also the fuel filter and the plugs are
> suspect. yet that doesn't explain why the check engine light has stayed on.
> it represents so many possible things that only the reader could point you
> in the right direction... something is not right. if i had to hazard a
> guess i might say it is a faulty coil pack. but if you didn't want to spend
> the time and money on dealer diagnostics the i suggest the removal of the
> spark plugs to see if they are fouled. plugs are cheap and they might be
> all that you need.

The original poster has an '01, which doesn't feature the coil packs
of the '00 and earlier models. Instead, the '01 and later have two
coils which each plug directly down onto a spark plug; the tail of the
coil is fed to another plug with a single wire. I do not know if the
the coil-on-plug coils are more reliable than the previous coil-pack
coils, but my experience so far with an '02 is that the stock plug wires
die pretty quickly.

Dana