Old December 20th 06, 05:27 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
LoneGreyWolf via CarKB.com

Default Liquid in my air filter housing

Mike Romain wrote:
>The Haynes CJ manual is the best one for the engine and under hood
>wiring for the 258 YJ's.
>
>The ignition module is 'Waaaaaayyyyy' down under the washer bottle at
>the bottom of the fender skirt.
>
>Here is a good site for all things 258:
>http://home.sprynet.com/~dale02/list.htm
>
>Here are some specifics about killing that Ford emissions cpmputer:
>http://home.sprynet.com/~dale02/ignmods.htm
>
>And:
>http://www.off-road.com/jeep/jnutter1.htm
>
>I prefer to add two new wires when bypassing the computer by hooking the
>orange and purple wires at the ignition module directly to the orange
>and purple wires at the distributor rather than mess inside the
>harness. Especially in a YJ, because the colors in the harness are
>different than the CJ the article is written about.
>
>Here is an article on the HEI:
>http://www.geocities.com/jeeperaz/hei.htm
>
>Here is a 'great' article on getting that Weber-Carter BBD purring at
>idle:
>http://jeep.off-road.com/jeep/articl....jsp?id=277064
>
>Hope some of this helps,
>
>Mike
>86/00 CJ7 Laredo, 33x9.5 BFG Muds, 'glass nose to tail in '00
>88 Cherokee 235 BFG AT's
>Canadian Off Road Trips Photos: Non members can still view!
>Jan/06 http://www.imagestation.com/album/pi...?id=2115147590
>(More Off Road album links at bottom of the view page)
>
>> Do any of you have the diagrams for the HEI upgrade? My Chilton book puts
>> the ignition control module where there is nothing. Picture the book gives

>[quoted text clipped - 31 lines]
>> Message posted via CarKB.com
>> http://www.carkb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/jeep-cars/200612/1

I am amazed at all the stuff you guys know and have url's for. I do all the
reading I can and never find the stuff you guys give me. One guy on another
site gave the address to a gas tank supplier with a 28 gallon tank for my 88
YJ that will replace the 15. Comes with new sending unit and all mounting
hardware for $183.00. A new skid plate is only $69 more. Best I could find
was $700 and buy my own new sending unit for a 20g.

Thanks guys.