Old December 18th 06, 03:39 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Mike Romain

Default Liquid in my air filter housing

Someone else just had the same problem in a 258 YJ and after figuring
his PCV system was likely working ok, the diagnosis appeared to be a bad
valve on the exhaust air tubes that connect into the middle of the air
filter.

Those valves can be eliminated from the system for a test by plugging
the holes with wine corks.

Seeing as you will be getting rid of or shutting off 'all' the pollution
controls with your HEI and 2100, these exhaust tubes can be unhooked
from the air filter and permanently blocked. On one that was broken, we
blocked it down at the CAT with a large bolt that happened to fit the
tube perfectly.

And just an FYI for you. The stock Weber-Carter BBD on it can be made
to behave quite nicely with a $20.00 carb kit and some tweaking,
especially after the computer is taken out of the circuit.

Mike
88 Cherokee 235 BFG AT's