Old December 18th 06, 03:00 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
LoneGreyWolf via CarKB.com

Default Liquid in my air filter housing

Took the cover off my air filter housing today and discoverd about 1/2 cup of
milky white fluid in the housing and coating the air filter. I live in the
mountains at 6500 ft with night time temps at 15-25 and days at 25-50.
Just bought the 88 YJ with 155,000 on it. Am planning to do an HEI dist
conversion, and put a MC2100 on it.

I don't drive it much and it runs poorly enough that I start it and leave it
running for awhile before driving across town (3 miles in either direction) I
have only taken it on a couple of 2-3 hour, back dusty road drives. It stays
on high idle for a long time 10-15 minutes and is hard to start if it doesn't
sit long enough.

There is no froth in the valve cover or on the cap, can't see any oil in the
recovery bottle or water in the oil. I'm thinking with the short drives and
long idle, or high idle times, I am picking up a lot of very moist air out of
the exhaust and it is condensing in the air filter housing. Just a guess,
what do you pros think?