Old December 3rd 10, 12:27 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Blue C5

Default C5 Replacement Tires

On Dec 2, 2:42*pm, "Ron Stewart" > wrote:
> I replaced the Eagles on my 2005 C6 two months ago with Michelin PS2 ZP
> tires and I couldn't be happier. They are much, much quieter than the
> original tires. They are described as ultra high performance and have no
> tread warranty. They cost $2000! The quote I got for the Pilot Sport A/S
> with 45k mile warranty was $1500. This is at Costco and includes all the
> costs including our almost 10% sales tax here in California. I didn't really
> need the ZP tires as my driving is pretty tame now. My Goodyears on front
> were worn out after 15K miles. Must be all the turning involved with daily
> city driving with potholes and the like. Looking back, I should have gone
> with the A/S tires.
> Ron Stewart
> Santa Rosa California
>
> "aRKay" > wrote in message

> > Goodyear Eagles need to be replaced and Discount Tire suggested
> > the Michelin Pilot A/S run flats for my C5. *Anybody tried them?

> > The Goodyear Eagles are really noisy.

I bought the Michelin ZPs about 2 years ago and have 10,000 miles on
them. I got them at Alban Tire in Northern VA for $1400 and change,
installed, balanced, and filled with nitrogen. Couldn't be happier -
quiet and are wearing evenly or not wearing at all - can't tell. I do
mostly road trips and country driving.

My Good Years lasted 40K miles and got through inspection, but they
wouldn't last the year. I couldn't stand the noise.

I would get the ZPs, but shop around - I got them installed for less
than what Tire Rack charges for the tire.

Bob Drake
Charlottesville, VA