Old February 2nd 06, 11:07 PM posted to alt.autos.audi

Default Audi 100 5cyl cold start problem

Well I have temporarily resolved the problem, I was just buying this
car last night so I wanted to make sure the problem wasnt too terrible
before i bought it. It turns out the cold start injector was not
getting any power and to make matters worse i mustve knocked the
distributor feedback plug out but i found that early enough. So i
shorted the injector straight to the battery when cranking and for a
short while afterwards and it worked flawlessly (although a slightly
rich mixture for a few seconds) So now my only problem is to find out
why there is no voltage to the cold start. The temperature guage is
also not working which i will have to sort out.
Anyone got any ideas on why it would stall when stopped and in gear
with the brake on? only did this twice in a 40 minute drive.