Old October 21st 05, 07:37 PM
Steve

Default BB 366 - rockers clatter; oil pressure but no oil at rockers

Steve W. wrote:

> The oil channel goes all the way around the dizzy, notice that? Guess
> where the oil also goes? That's right it will go around the distributor,
> regardless of the position of the housing. Doesn't make a bit of
> difference. NEVER.

What I want to know is what genius (not) thought it was a good idea to
stick the distributor right in the middle of an oil passage anyway.
Another reason I rarely touch anything Chevrolet. Shims on starters,
distributors in oil passages, connecting rods that are too short for a
model airplane engine, oiling through pushrods, skinny lifters that
limit the cam profiles that work... GAH!!!