Old July 14th 18, 03:32 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
dsi1[_11_]

Default Difficult starting

On Wednesday, July 11, 2018 at 5:31:45 AM UTC-10, micky wrote:

> I saw on a TV court case where a shop told a Volvo owner that his loose
> gas cap had cause his something something pump to run all the time and
> that caused it to burn out and set the check engine light.
>
> By the time I got to the conputer, I forgot what the first two words
> were.
>
> Do you or does anyone here know the things full name?
>
> Does this sound believable. He said the pump was meant to increase or
> maybe equalize air pressure in the gas tank.

A leaky gas cap causing an electric motor to burn out? Sounds like a bunch of hogwash to me.

I was working on my daughter's Jeep Cherokee today in the hot tropical sun and the thought occurred to me that it will be a great day when cars are electric and I won't have to look for vacuum leaks and replace emission control sensors/valves. All this will be over like some bad dream.