Old April 1st 17, 10:13 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Percival P. Cassidy[_2_]

Default I used to buy tires from TireRack - now SimpleTire (how can theydo it?)

On 03/31/2017 11:12 PM, Jonas Schneider wrote:

>>> Whom do you buy your tires from online?

>> Usually Costco, but not online.

> What I love about Costo, for tires, is that they are the *cheapest* (by
> far) for returning the old tires, where they're only one dollar plus sales
> tax (which is a strange thing to pay a sales tax to *return* a tire for
> recycling!).
>
> They take *any* tire, so I've even cleaned up neighbor's back yards for
> them, and hosed down the tires, and Costco took them at about $1.08 per
> tire.
>
> What I hate about Costco is that they only have a limited selection of
> tires, where locally they only have Michelin & Bridgestone (and sometimes
> Goodyear).
>
> What I love about Costco is that everything is included in the $15 mounting
> price, which includes mounting and balancing and valves and nitrogen and
> even free rotations every 6K miles and road hazard repairs (within the life
> of the tread, prorated if not fixable).
>
> What I hate about Costco is that you have to get there a day before you
> were born just to get in line and wait along with the rest of the world in
> front of you (especially during their specials, one of which is going on at
> this very moment, which is the $70 coupon for a set of 4 tires).

When Costco has a good deal on tires, I order them at Costco.com,
specifying the warehouse where I want them installed. They email me to
let me know that the tires have arrived, and I call to make an
appointment for installation, and I do my other shopping while they
install the tires.

And from time to time they have had a 1 cent per tire installation
special -- available only if the tires are ordered at costco.com.

Perce