Old September 17th 07, 09:56 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Ric Seyler[_2_]

Default C4 Vibration

Alex wrote:

>My 94 convertable starts to vibrate around 65 mph.
>
>Feels like it is in the back of the car. Can feel it through the gear
>shift, so could it be drive shaft? Car is just at 100K.
>
>Recently acquired the car, first vette, so no history on the car and not
>sure where to start looking.
>
>Is this a common problem, or do I just go through the check the tire
>balance, rim straightness, etc. routine?
>
>Everything feels tight. No clunking on acceleration or deceleration, so at
>this point I don't suspect U-joints.
>
>Ideas anyone?
>
>Thanks!
>
>Alex

Low aspect ratio tires are very prone to a sensitive balance.
Clean the rims inside, and have a tire place check the runout of the
tire/wheel combo.
U-joint "could" be the problem, but generally you will also have the
clunking, & noise symptoms also.
But 100K is around the time frame generally for u-joints to start
showing wear symptoms.

--
Ric Seyler
Online Racing: RicSeyler