Old October 1st 13, 03:01 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw
Scott M

Default Where is the E36 door open/closed sensor?

wrote:
> On Thursday, December 7, 2000 11:21:04 AM UTC+11, John Burns wrote:
>>> My E36 M3 door open/closed sensor has become intermittent.
>>> Consequently the dome light stays on and the window won't close fully.
>>> Any help in locating the sensor, wiring etc. and tips or tricks for
>>> fixing would be appreciated. It's probably relevant to note that I had
>>> a scratch on the door repainted about 3 months ago and they had to
>>> remove the door panel as part of the repair.

>> The front door sensor is on the front of the car body near the door
>> hinges. It's a simple push switch.
>>

> YOU ARE INCORRECT, Brett Anderson is Correct though.

Good. Great. Thanks for that. Anything else you'd like to add while
we're here? Sure? I mean, it's only a whisker under 13 years ago since
this was a live thread, so I'd hate for anyone else to be held in
suspense for another decade waiting on what other pearls of wisdom
you've got.

--
Scott