Old January 2nd 07, 07:32 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Humpty Dumpty

Default 156 Climate control - Disaster Strikes!!

Are you sure the mixer flaps are not just sticking - that's a common fault
and happened to me.
There are 2 small hex or torq screws holding the center air control in
place, a little difficult to get at and see as it's so close to the
windscreen. Remove them, and lift up the plastic bit, but do it slowly as
you will have to reach under to unclip the alarm LED.
Then you can reach down and feel the flaps (ohh err!!) and give them a
wiggle as you change the heater direction control...just see if there's
anything trying to move and just stuck.
If you are lucky, then all it needs is a little silicone spray to get things
moving again.