Old February 24th 06, 08:06 PM posted to alt.autos.audi

Default air flow meter

Hi

Have 1992 audi 100 2.0E AAD uk spec which has been progressively losing
power. Now the car stops at random but before it does it billows black smoke
from the exhaust - but only when the engine is at idle speed. I disconnected
what I think is the air flow meter (mounted on the side of the metering
head) the car will start and run a whole lot better but stutters quite a bit
at low speed. I removed the metering head, but this 3 pin sensor cant be
removed and seems to be part of the metering head. Is this sensor a hot wire
device and can it be removed/cleaned.

Any thoughts would be appreciated

Paul