View Single Post
Old November 4th 17, 03:42 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
A Guy Named Steve
external usenet poster

Default Why so little traffic on a Mustang Usenet group?

On Sunday, April 2, 2017 at 4:54:08 PM UTC-7, wrote:
> On Saturday, May 11, 2013 at 9:55:42 PM UTC-5, A Guy Named Steve wrote:
> > On Wednesday, April 10, 2013 5:26:13 PM UTC-7, WindsorFox<SS> wrote:
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > Maybe he used to be herc ast or troy the troll and thinks hes funny?
> > >
> > > I fondly remember Michael Dykes and Steve Everest in "Flaming to music"
> > >
> > > ROFL!

> >
> > It's good to be remembered fondly, and not fondling...
> >
> > Steve
> > Head of the Bashing Department
> > "I'll Add That to My Threat Collection" -Dirty Harry
> > **** Disturber

>
> Although I'm replying to a nearly 4 year old post on an ancient newsgroup (is "ancient newsgroup" redundant?), do you still have the Skylark GS 455?

And here I am replying to your reply... months later.

I don't have the GS455 anymore. The black 71 was sold is 2002, IIRC. I did pick up $300 Skylark with a blown 350 around 2005. I had a 455 that went into it. I never got it finished though. I put some really good heads/intake on it along with a trans with a stall somewhere in the mid 2000's. It still had the original 2.56 open rear in it. I drove it to the drag strip with some straight pipe into 3" Dynomax mufflers. With the rear and stall converter, I had to drive in 2nd gear (TH400, I think). It was a stock block with the heads/intake/Holley 850/headers. It went 13.50 @ 106 mph, crossing the line still in 2nd gear. But the 1-2 shift point was higher than it should have been and a bearing was spun.

A friend who set up the engine swap, had the motor rebuilt with some .030 pistons I had, a better cam, and he had the heads ported. But I never got it finished. I ended up selling it to another friend who has a GS400 that needed a motor. Then he sold the body to the guy who done all the work to build something for his son.

I'm always on the lookout for something, but it hasn't been a priority. I'd love to get back on the track. I did, however, get to do the Xtreme Xperience down in NOLA in 2016. Drove a Lamborghini Gallardo and a Ferrari 458 around their big track. I didn't see the speed on the straight in the Gallardo, but the instructor figured about 140mph. In the 458, I saw the needle sweep past 145 while I was still in it.

So there ya go...

Steve
Head of the Bashing Department
"I'll Add That to My Threat Collection" -Dirty Harry
**** Disturber
Ads