Old September 22nd 10, 08:11 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Tuomas

Default Brake problem and possible solution

On 21/09/10 18:06, Speedy Jim wrote:

> What a lovely find! Congratulations!

I've written some history of buy earlier but it was for sale in Germany at
mobile.de and I found it from there.

> Yes, new brake hoses should solve the stuck brake problem.
>
> In English, the "carbon bits" are called brush(es).
> I would guess the name comes from the fact that the carbon "brushes"
> against the revolving commutator.

Brush, yes. I should have remembered that.

It was raining yesterday and I had opportunity to wash the car and take some
more photos as the water does wonders to old paint, it looks almost good in
this photo.

http://kharon.suomiforum.com/www/ghia3/IMG_0317.jpg

Sections that are dry look as bas as in earlier photos and I see that I left
an unwashed area in the middle, it was a kind of hard to see in the dark.

Anyway, it looks much like a paint that can be ground and polished, there's
enough thickness in paint.

(I know, maybe I've been drooling too many detailing pages, like
http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/foru...d.php?t=183155

Absolutely stunning anyway. )

--
Tuomas - VWs:'63 typ14, '65 typ34 & '61 typ2