Old August 7th 15, 12:23 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
unclevito

Default Ford new Voodoo 5.2

>"Dad" > wrote in message
>With those cheerful thoughts I think I'll take a crap and go to bed, just
>hope it don't look like you and keep me awake.

>Have you any idea how hard it is to make a flat crank roadable? Why the low
>torque number? Don't know do you. There are >Corvette tuners (Lingenfelter
>is one) that have built them to 600 HP but they are still a bitch to
>street. Then there are the service >requirements that means you remove the
>engine to do the service. One thing they do well is the sound is
>mesmerizing.

>You're the crybaby that kept whining about VV timing, direct injection, and
>other wimpy things all the while I was driving one >and laughing at such a
>foolish person that knows so little. Great car made by GM 87,000 miles and
>never been back to the >dealer.

You are good at name calling.

Ford can do it, why can't GM. So everyone with a Mustang GT350 is going to
have to remove the engine for service? Somehow I doubt that. Ford is
making a Mustang that is not streetable? Most folks, but you old Corvette
owners, would love a Vette that is so powerful with a torque band that it is
barely streetable. Has to be pretty streetable or it would not pass
emissions.

GM talks about a 6 cyl Corvette. How about a 5 L V-8 Corvette? GM covers
up for inferior design by increasing the displacement. 6.2 /7.0
displacement is a joke. Are we driving a truck here?

Glad you do not need service. Taking your car into a Chevy dealer almost
guarantees it will be scratched with grease on the seat when you drive it
out.