Old October 15th 20, 10:33 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Scott Dorsey

Default Battery mount bolts rusted

> wrote:
>I've got a car that sat in a garage for years, and wanted to swap batteries=
> so I can close the windows and run the blinkers when I move it. I put PB b=
>laster on them, beat on them waited days for it to soak in, but no luck. Th=
>e only other trick I know is to use a torch, which I don't really want to d=
>o on the battery. I suppose I could cut the long thin bolts and have a frie=
>nd weld them back later.=20
>
>Any Ideas?

Replacements are available for a couple bucks at the auto parts store. Don't
waste any time trying to save old rusty ones, just use boltcutters on them,
toss the pieces, and replace them. You've already wasted far too much time.
Put never-seize on the threads of the new ones too.
--scott