Old January 9th 18, 09:44 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
The Real Bev[_5_]

Default Drum brakes - do you disconnect the parking brake cable?

On 01/09/2018 12:38 PM, wrote:
> On Tuesday, January 9, 2018 at 1:38:57 PM UTC-6, dsi1 wrote:
>>
>> To have an aptitude for mechanical work, you really have to start out young by taking stuff apart. That's how you get a feel for the task. I don't think that it's a job suitable for people that have mostly book learning. They don't have a feel for the task...

> On Job Training works very good.

Friend's kid had a mobile bicycle repair service. He went to one of the
good car-repair trade schools, became a world-class (with trophy to
prove it) BMW mech and eventually the service manager, which he found to
be a lot less fun.

--
Cheers, Bev
There is no such thing as a foolproof device