Old May 13th 15, 12:20 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Dad[_3_]

Default Exhausts sounds: Mustang vs Corvette

On Tuesday, May 5, 2015 at 3:40:07 PM UTC-4, unclevito wrote:
> "Dad" > wrote in message
> > Can't agree more, some (meaning very few) of the Mustangs sound mean as
> > snakes, most - not so much.
> > The C7 NPP can be tuned to your liking by the driving mode and even that
> > sound can be tuned in the settings. Very quiet vehicle if that's what you
> > want on long trips.
> >

> Thanks for the comments, guys. Besides being loud, the Mustang has a lope
> like the 60's big blocks with high overlap cams. It is not the loudness
> of the exhaust of the Mustang so much but it is the sound or lope. I
> almost thought for a while there that the modern Corvette firing sequence
> had changed and the lope disappeared.
>
> I have been behind modern accelerating Corvettes when in caravans with my
> club and under acceleration, the cars sound, not powerful, but bizarre.
> There is more to making that sound than just opening up the pipes.
>
> Vito

I would guess you would be WAY behind, to far to hear a C7 under full acceleration with anything you own. Yes, it does not sound like a big block because it's not a big block, it sounds more like it's singing after about 4,000 RPM and just keeps on going. Not sure I have the hair on my balls to let this thing out like the older Corvettes I've had, was very comfortable in the C5 and even the C6 but not there yet with this C7. Not scary like the '61 but it gets there so much faster and without the road feel of the older Corvettes.