Old October 28th 06, 07:47 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Ashton Crusher

Default Greedy *******s.....

On Fri, 27 Oct 2006 15:27:53 -0500,
(Brent P) wrote:

>In article >, ZombyWoof wrote:
>
>> can get". You have to remember that it isn't Ford that is setting the
>> market price, it is the market itself.

>I am so tired of that saying.... the markets are often manipulated, and
>the GT500 can be used as a text book study of market manipulation and
>artificial scarcity.

If we were talking about Ford Escorts or Taurus's I might agree, but
this is a limited production specialty vehicle that not a single
person on earth *needs* to have. By definition the whole point of this
kind of vehicle is that they are scarce and overpriced and intended
for people with more money then they have a need for. I suppose you
can call it market manipulation but it's certainly not the same kind
of manipulation for greedy and nefarious purposes as the oil price
game is. Ford isn't trying to manipulate a mid-term congressional
election outcome they way the oil companies are doing.