Old April 22nd 06, 10:57 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled

Default Car wash won't pay for damaged Beetle engine splash guards!

I'm not sure what the point is . Its unfortunate, but If I knew I had 3
inches of clearance , I,d be careful about what car wash I drive in. My Geo
storm taught me some very hard lessons about clearance , It actually got
stuck in a pot hole once,by the belly pans and required a wrecker. The city
paid me for two tires and wheels, and a wrecker bill. I lost 350 bucks on
that one, but I got tires and wheels. I lost my splash guards in a car wash.
Now the right one sits in my garage. You should be happy, they didn't rip
your oil pan out of it. And just because they said they wont reimburse you
no matter what, doesn't mean they wont when they get court papers from your
attorney. One of my rules of life is nobody pays you until they actually
have to go through the court room door in 15 minutes, Then they settle.
Because they wanted to see if you will actually show up or not. And see if
you haven't accidentally died either.