Old January 23rd 12, 10:40 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
twk

Default Retractable hard top

In article >,
D E Willson > wrote:

> On Mon, 23 Jan 2012 09:49:31 -0800 (PST), "
> > wrote:
>
> >On Jan 23, 11:28*am, twk > wrote:
> >> Galpin Auto Sports Mustang Retracting Hardtop in Action
> >>
> >> <http://www.stangtv.com/news/video-ga...ng-retracting-
> >> hardtop-in-action/>
> >>
> >> Clever, but funny looking. Profile of the car is crap. Top up or top
> >> down, I don't like it. Can't tell for sure but I think the back seat is
> >> gone. Too bad someone put a huge amount of work into this.
> >>
> >> If you like it, good news, it's for sale:
> >> <http://www.stangtv.com/news/pimp-my-vert-retractable-hardtop-gt-for-s...>

> >Not for me, but it's not bad. To my eyes, it looks at least as good
> >as the, somewhat similar, 80's McLaren Mustangs.
> >
> >http://www.ascmclaren.com/carsforsale.htm

Wow, they look a bit odd too. I forgot about those.

> >Patrick

> Back seat? When did Mustang ever "really" have a back seat that was
> good for carrying passengers? A place to put packages, OK. But
> passengers???? LOL Of course, some years were better than others.
> Kinda like using a 'vette, Viper, or AC Cobra to carry many bags of
> groceries. :0)
>
> We drive Mustangs! We doan need no steenkeen back seat!

True! If Ford offered a backseat delete from the factory I might be
tempted, but I don't see me buying a brand spankin' new car any time
soon. Hum, for all I know they _do_ offer one.
What I saw was, it looks as if the back of the back seat has been moved
forward a few inches, reducing the "package space". My curiosity is up
on this. I'd love like to see a better picture of the rear package space.

--
For all you know this message was...
Sent via an exclusive network, on a snobby portable computing device.