Old September 22nd 11, 09:11 AM posted to alt.autos.audi
AD[_2_]

Default Manual lock, just a single freaking lock on the driver's side? youmust be kidding me

I was (unpleasantly) surprised by the fact that the ONLY mechanical
key is on the driver's door.
No keyhole on the passenger side, nothing on the 5th door of my 2003
A4 avant.
While the latter is expected having no redundancy in mechanical entry
is not
acceptable on what now is a $36k+ car

I have disconnected (both contacts on) the battery when I had skid
plates installed last weekend
(the engine skid plate in front rests on a SINGLE metal attachment
point on the radiator subframe, eesh Ingolstadt, provide decent
provisioning for the skid plate attachments
and/or fix the freaking oil pan with anything thicker and stronger
than paper). Now remote entry
does not work.

The procedure for the key reset provided in the owner's manual does
not work.
I'm ****ed that I have only ONE way to get into the car now with no
backup whatsoever.
What if anything happens to that single driver's side lock when the
temps drop to around 18F??????