Old December 22nd 09, 06:00 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
APLer

Default Long live usenet

"rcgldr" > wrote in :

>>> Our server host replaced a forum server hard disk without making a
>>> backup beforehand. We hope this isn't going to be a serious problem,
>>> but stay tuned!

> Shouldn't servers like this be using raid 6 controllers that allow
> drives to be hot swapped? The controllers are about $500 (USA), and
> Sata hard drives are cheap.

And slow. Hard drives die, people get taxed after their death, your chosen
hourse never finishes first. That's life. It's done for free in effect. Do
*you* have a computer that you never use for yourself? he does. Not
trolling you understand, but explaining what may not appear obvious,