Old May 25th 07, 12:28 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
Murderous Speeding Drunken Driver

Default Father of drunk baseball player that killed himself in a crash sues almost everyone involved with the crash.

necromancer wrote:
> Murderous Speeding Drunken Driver:
>
>> Reminds me of an episode that occurred locally about 8 years back or
>> so.
>>
>> A couple of 20 year olds (best friends, as the story goes) have fake
>> IDs, and go to a local pizza parlor. They proceed to get drunk while
>> at the parlor, then make their departure. As they are driving home,
>> they are involved in a single car accident that paralyzed the
>> passenger from the neck down.
>>
>> Get this: the mother of the DRIVER, who walked away unscathed, sued
>> the restaurant into oblivion, even though her son broke the law to
>> obtain his alcohol.
>>
>> So much for personal responsibility; too bad her son didn't end up
>> crippled instead of his passenger.

>Too bad he didn't end up in the morgue. Then there would be one less
>pain in the ass to deal with. Think that maybe he changed his name to

Considering the "victim" of this suffered from paralysis from the neck
down, I'm not sure that's a PITA that will be dealt with often. At
least if the driver lived in a paralyzed state, it would have time to
consider it's stupidity. Going straight to the morgue misses a
wonderful educational experience.

Or, to borrow from the Riddler talking to two-face: "Don't kill 'em;
ya can't learn 'em nothin'."

>"Speeders & Drunk Drivers Are MURDERERS," in an exquisite display of
>hypocrisy?

Might be.

Ironically enough, the mother and "kid" in question lived on the other
side of the block from me at the time this happened; I could see her
house from my back door. A boss/friend from a position I held years
ago used to date the mother, and I joined them for cook-outs on a
regular basis for a number of months. Oddly enough, she dumped my
friend (and thus no more cook-outs there for me) about a month before
the accident.

--

We're all here
because we're not all there.