Old May 25th 07, 01:29 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
Murderous Speeding Drunken Driver

Default Father of drunk baseball player that killed himself in a crash sues almost everyone involved with the crash.

Peter Lawrence wrote:
>Only in the USA...
>
>Because drunk drivers have rights too, the father of Josh Hancock (the
>St. Louis Cardinal relief pitcher that killed himself while driving
>drunk) is suing the restaurant and restaurant manager where his son
>got drunk, and also the tow truck company and tow truck driver of the
>tow truck his son crashed into, PLUS the driver of the disabled car
>that was in process of being hooked up to the tow truck when the
>accident occurred.
>
>(Note: according to the accident investigation, Josh Hancock was
>driving while intoxicated, not wearing his seat beats and talking on
>his cell. phone when he crashed into the tow truck.)
>
>Here's the link to the article about the lawsuit:
>
>http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2881602

Reminds me of an episode that occurred locally about 8 years back or
so.

A couple of 20 year olds (best friends, as the story goes) have fake
IDs, and go to a local pizza parlor. They proceed to get drunk while
at the parlor, then make their departure. As they are driving home,
they are involved in a single car accident that paralyzed the
passenger from the neck down.

Get this: the mother of the DRIVER, who walked away unscathed, sued
the restaurant into oblivion, even though her son broke the law to
obtain his alcohol.

So much for personal responsibility; too bad her son didn't end up
crippled instead of his passenger.

--

We're all here
because we're not all there.