Old March 25th 11, 03:15 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Andrew MacPherson[_2_]

Default 15 years later..

(RickyB) wrote:

> has it all gone a bit too quiet on RFactor 2?

The mistake they made (all two and a half of them working on rF2, I'm guessing) was
announcing that Dec 2010 target. It got everyone a bit over-excited.

With iRacing to compete with they have to make sure their sim really does feel like
a significant step up from rF1, otherwise this small community isn't going to hand
over enough cash to keep the team together and the project alive.

You only get one chance to make a first impression, and I'd rather they waited
another year (or more?) than showed their hand too soon.... despite the fact I
really, really wanted rF2 to fill the gap left in my racing schedule by iRacing.

Mind you, I was only doing one or two races a week so it's not much of a hole. GT5,
NKPro, and a bit of Shift manage to fill that. I just wanted to be inspired again.

I did try the GTR2/Power&Glory2 mod yesterday (thanks to Ian mentioning it) but the
physics didn't grab me.... I've been spoiled by iRacing and NKPro. I wish Kunos
would add some AI. I'd buy the sim again if he did.

Andrew McP