Old March 23rd 11, 06:21 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Andrew MacPherson[_2_]

Default 15 years later..

(rcgldr) wrote:

> here's a link to some Shift replay videos.

Those, and others, seem to show that there are some nice additions (eg night racing)
but that nothing has really changed since Shift1 in terms of the physics. The crash
rolls are especially suspicious.... there's just something not quite right about
the transitions from ground to air and back to the ground again.

I enjoyed 1 for what it was... a good bit of forgiving, slippery fun. And thrashing
round the Ring with all the special effects (and the HUD turned off) was very
immersive. So I'm sure I'll pick this up, I'm just not convinced it'll be worth
paying full price for.

Unfortunately its availability on Steam means it'll be very easy to crack and
purchase early. Maybe even on day1. In fact I nearly pre-ordered yesterday despite
my doubts.

It's nice to see that the lack of willpower which got me into so much financial
trouble on iRacing is alive and well. My credit card company will be very happy to
find I haven't given up wasting money. :->

Andrew McP

PS Of course you're right about newsgroups. My ISP doesn't carry them, and I'm not
sure how much longer we'll be able to rely on the various free services.