Old July 19th 05, 06:32 AM
Lanny Chambers

In article . com>,
wrote:

> My wife's Miata got a small hole (poked with a ski pole) in the plastic
> window. We are planning to sell the car in August, and would not want
> the embarrasment; the car is otherwise in mint condition. What's the
> cheapest way of fixing it (say, within $300)?

A car or boat upholstery shop can glue and sew in a new piece of plastic
(the entire window) without removing the top from the car, usually for
under $100. The edges will be a little rough on the inside, but it can't
be seen without crawling behind the seats with a flashlight. The outside
will look perfect. My car's previous owner did it at least 8 years ago,
and it's still fine.

---
Lanny Chambers
'94C, St. Louis