Old July 5th 05, 03:39 PM
Daniel J. Stern

On Tue, 5 Jul 2005, 223rem wrote:

> Yesterday, in northern Michigan, was raining torrentially, and
> visibility was almost zero. Almost everyone was driving with their
> lights on, except for the GM cars, which had only their headlights
> (DRLs) on. Real helpful on the road in poor visibility conditions! Lots
> of GM cars have DRLs and automatic headlights, and give you the
> impression that you dont have to worry about your ligths.

I see this literally every day (night) here in Ontario, where all new cars
have been equipped with DRLs since 1/1/90. A steady stream of cars running
only DRLs (or DRLs plus parkers and markers) without proper headlamps.
It's such a simple, basic problem, and it's so incredibly easy to fix, but
the regulator in charge of Canada's lighting laws says the problem doesn't
exist.