Old October 21st 08, 02:13 PM posted to rec.autos.4x4
PeterD

Default Three amigos

On Tue, 21 Oct 2008 05:21:46 -0700 (PDT), Zippy the Wonder Turtle
> wrote:

>On Oct 20, 7:12*pm, PeterD > wrote:
>> On Mon, 20 Oct 2008 07:32:15 -0700 (PDT), Zippy the Wonder Turtle
>>

>> > wrote:

>> >Do you have any ideas about what would cause the ABS to module to
>> >register a fault?

>> >Thanks,

>> >Kenan
>> >www.trustasc.com

>> What error codes do you get?- Hide quoted text -

>ABS error codes can only be read with a test book usually only found
>at the dealer. I have not taken it in to the dealer yet because I was
>hoping to save the money and self diagnose the problem.
>
>Kenan
>www.trustasc.com

Since you have not told us what make, year, model or any other
significant information about your vehicle, I suspect this is as far
as anyone can go.

Generally ABS codes can be read with an ABS code reader. Most (good)
mechanics have one. The ABS code meanings are generally available on
the web.

And, you can get an acceptable ABS code reader from Sears, of all
places! But for most vehicles, a paperclip will work just fine.