Old January 19th 04, 09:35 AM
rnf2

"MS" > wrote in message
> Hi!
>
> I am looking for a car of the subject.
> Please tell me your opinions and general experience ot the car.
>
> I have spent hours at the Internet to find reviews and information
> and found it too but i would like to hear your side too becouse
> you are 4x4 enthusiasts and propably know something about it... (=
>
> My usage would be mostly on the road, occasionally on bad ones.
> Here in Finland the winter is sometimes a little bit harsh so there
> are allso good reason to get an 4x4. I'm not in to off-roading.
>
> Intrested: gasoline or diesel, 4/5 doors, all year models from 1992 to
> 1999...
> Just testdrove a 92 2,4i gasoline Frontera. I did like it but it was quite
> sluggish...
> I have read that that is 'normal'. It felt like a diesel... (?)
>
> Allso please tell if you know if there are spesific year models i should
> beware/look for. Is it true story that those early British made cars are
> crappy?
>
> Thanks for your answers. This is not very easy task, buying a car...
> specially 4x4.
>
> Cheers!
>
> Mika

The early Vauxhalls are supposed to have a lot of QA propblems, fixed with
the later models, If you have them I'd get the turbo diesel 3.1L engine,
simple, reliable and with plenty of torque at lower revs, useful in ice
since you can start in higher gears without stalling when you need to avoid
any wheelspin.
Also if on ice the TOD apparantly makes an enormous differance, the
Americans facing snow seem to love the TOD.

google for ITOG, the frontera 3 door is the american isuzu Amigo, not sure
what the 5 door is called.

rhys