Old July 31st 07, 03:27 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Dear Leader

Default A/C causes fuse to blow

"akheel" > wrote in message
> You likely do NOT need a new compressor. I have an 88 GT with 140K on it
> and the compressor is still going strong. What you need is a new A/C
> clutch coil coil and maybe a new A/C clutch pully and A/C clutch hub. I'm
> doing the same replacement on my 2002 Explorer. On that car it's a pain
> in the ass to replace because the compressor is mounted on the bottom of
> the car. I don't know where it is on your 94 GT. On my 88 GT the
> compressor is on the top of the engine and it wouldn't take more than an
> hour to change out all three of these parts leaving the compressor on the
> car, if the shop knows what they are doing. Add another hour for
> diagnosis and general b.s. All three of these parts are about $150 total
> (do some web searchs to get an idea of the cost.)

so you get to choose, buy a clutch and put it on, if it fixes it, done!
If not, then you need new compressor and you are out the $150.

bad clutches do not hold at higher rpm, or just do not hold at all.
you can start engine open hood, watch clutch front, turn on AC and see it
spin as it grabs on
If it is flaky it may stop holding,