Old November 28th 04, 04:47 AM
Bob Kaplow

In article <Bu8qd.155022$HA.46410@attbi_s01>, SoCalMike > writes:
> Bob Kaplow wrote:
>
>> I just went to change the center high brake light on my 2001 Odyssey LX. I
>> unbolted the assembly per the instructions, twisted the connector, and then
>> the old bulb wouldn't fit through the opening in the assembly! How are you
>> supposed to get these things out, or get the new ones in?

> is there a way through the front? or no?

No. The assembly is held in by one screw. Remove it and slide it out to the
right and you're left with an assembly in your hand. On the right side is a
twist lock socket similar to the rest of the tail lights. Except you can't
get the bulb out of the thing because the hole is too small.

>> And while I'm asking, any one got a recommendation for better tires than
>> what the car came with (#!%*@ Firestones that aren't M+S rated! 215/65R16).
>> The car has about 45K miles, and the tires aren't any where near worn out,
>> but they have NEVER had decent traction in snow or ice.

> because theyre so damn hard. which is why they dont wear out. i replaced
> the OEM FR680s on my 98 civic earlier this year. probably about half

I replaced the tires on my Civic HX CVT a year ago with Michelins that do
*MUCH* better in winter driving. Not only are the originals hard, but the
tread pattern is *NOT* suitable for snow and ice, and only marginally for
rain. It was my intention to trade them in off both cars when new, except
right at the time I bought the cars, Firestone resale value went to zero.
Not that it was ever really anything else.

Bob Kaplow NAR # 18L TRA # "Impeach the TRA BoD"
>>> To reply, remove the TRABoD! <<<

Kaplow Klips & Baffle: http://nira-rocketry.org/LeadingEdge/Phantom4000.pdf
www.encompasserve.org/~kaplow_r/ www.nira-rocketry.org www.nar.org

reputation as a dangerous citizen these days is to go about
repeating the very phrases which our founding fathers used in the
struggle for independence. -- Charles A. Beard