Old May 17th 05, 01:48 AM
Malt_Hound

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
> In article . com>,
> amorg7777 > wrote:
>
>>What was the first year in the BMW Series 3, that they had a factory
>>stereo sound system that played-back your own audio and MP3 "burned"
>>CDs ?? Thank you, again, in advance.

> My '97 E39 with boot mounted 6 CD changer plays red book home recorded CDs
> perfectly. And I'd say most car CD players should.

and to take it one step further, My 1994 E34 540i plays home burned CDs
just fine. I suppose it depends on how the CDs are burned (what program
you used) but I have nver had any problems with CDs I have burned with
Nero. It sure would be nice to have one that played MP3s as then I
could probably put all of my entire music collection on 6 CDs and not
have to swap discs at all... but as it is I have no complaints
considering I am playing home burned disks on a CD system from before
home burning was de rigueur...

-Fred W