Old January 25th 14, 08:57 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Oppie[_7_]

Default Vue Rear Wiper

Went looking for a replacement rear wiper blade today for the '09 Vue XE.
The Trico display showed a recommended 10-1 blade. Remains of the old blade
were a bit longer than 11" - the 10" blade didn't look right. Perhaps prior
owner substituted something.

The blade holder snaps into the plastic arm on a single pin. Snapped out the
old holder and got an Anco N-16 blade insert. This is a rubber blade in a
plastic channel with a metal clip at one end to lock into the wiper arm. I
threaded the replacement blade into the arm and snapped it into place. The
approximately 4" that overhung the end was cut off leaving about 3/8" beyond
the end of the arm.
This is where I found that the rubber was held into the channel by indents
in the end I had just cut off. Simple fix was to heat the ends of the
plastic channel and collapse the plastic in slightly. This effectively traps
the rubber in place.

Done - and got two refills in the package for $7. Having a working rear
wiper again, Priceless.

Oppie

Sometimes I think I'm alone here but I do see some of my posts appear on
other boards.